This my third and final post for the Oliver Twist Readalong which is hosted by Allie at A Literary Odyssey.
I am not the most patient of people, so that probably explains why I sped through the last 100 pages of Oliver Twist until the words were a blur before my eyes. I apologize in advance if this post seems all over the place. I just finished consuming a bar of chocolate, so I'm a little hyper. Off the top of my head, here are some of my barely coherent while-reading thoughts:
- I’m not going to cry because *SPOILER* Bill Sikes killed Nancy. *END OF SPOILER.* No, I’m not going to cry. *Sniff. Sniff.*
- The Artful Dodger’s funny even if he’s going to be, you know, kicked out of the Kingdom. LOLOLOL.
- Why do you keep bogging down the plot with useless details, Charlie? Why, I ask you? Why?!?!?! I don’t need to read about how filthy Jacob’s Island was, because you’ve already told me about a gazillion times how hard life was for people during Victorian times. I don’t want to hear it again. I want to hear about Sikes, and Nancy, and maybe even Noah Claypole. Just stop with the descriptions already. I can’t take it anymore.
- Hah! Oliver is magically connected to people who shall remain nameless in this post. I saw that coming. Hah! I feel so proud of myself.
- Why aren’t you eating your head, Mr. Grimwig? You said you would if so-and-so happened. I’m waiting. *Taps foot impatiently.*
- Harry Maylie, that had to be the best proposal. Ever. Except maybe for Mr. Darcy’s.