Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Sunday Salon: I have to edit my About Me...


I know this isn’t a book-related post, but I graduated earlier today. Woohoo! This is just one of the things I REALLY, REALLY have to document in this blog.

The typical Philippine school year is from June-March. I officially stopped being a college student a couple of hours ago, and I now hold a degree in Literature. It feels surreal. I can’t believe college is finally over, and I have to enter a whole new world, cliché as it may sound. I feel scared and excited at the same time.

Here are some photos from my graduation:

I look like a total dork in the photo below, but I was caught unaware. Sad excuse, I know. Dork or not, I just look so happy, though.


I'm posing with two of my closest friends, Jeff and Donna.


The only male in this photo is Sir Sid. He once called himself my mentor, and I was ecstatic. Seriously, this person made Wordsworth, Coleridge, and Shakespeare come alive for me. And I hated poetry. He's also an extremely talented writer, and has won tons of prestigious artsy-fartsy awards for his writing. I can only hope that my writing will be half as good as his someday.


I’m thinking about taking it easy for a while, and then applying to law school. I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. I know law school is going to be expensive, and I have to be a student for another four years. I do think it’s worth the effort and money, though, since I really, really want to be a lawyer.

The seeds of my decision to go to law school were planted about two years ago, during my Argumentation and Debate class. Standing in front of that podium and finding the weak points of my opponent’s argument felt good. Sure, studying could help you, but you really needed to think on your feet.

So, here’s to the future!

25 comments:

Trisha said...

Congratulations! Graduating is so exciting.

Misha said...

Congratulations! Best of luck for the future :) I hope you get into a great law school.

Carey said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish said...

All the best with your future endeavors! It sounds like you're off to a great start :)

Amanda said...

That's fantastic!! Congratulations. And I love the pictures. :)

Teacher/Learner said...

Congratulations! I hope you take the time to celebrate with your friends & family :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Congratulations Darlyn. You should feel proud; I love all the photos.

Read the Book said...

Congrats! I love that we are in different time zones and I get to read your Sunday posts on Saturdays ;)

Be sure to read lots of books in celebration!

Emilee said...

Congratulations! And good luck as you move forward.

Sharon said...

Congratulations! You look great! Good luck with your future plans!

Alegria said...

congrats camryn!:))

mel u said...

congratulations-If I need an attorney in four years I will for sure contact you-seriously I feel you will do great for sure

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

Yes, congratulations!

Helen Smith said...

Congratulations - and you look great in all the photos. Here's to the next four years.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Congratulations! I remember that moment, and it is awesome....

Good luck in your new journey.

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

Brenna said...

Congrats and good luck!

Jillian said...

That's awesome! Congrats!! :-)

Zibilee said...

Congratulations on this huge achievement! I am so happy for you! This rocks!

Avid Reader said...

Congrats to you!!!! You do look incredibly happy.

simplerpastimes said...

Congratulations! I wish you well!

Monica said...

HUGE CONGRATS!!

Vasilly said...

Congratulations!

Shelley said...

Congratulations!

bibliophilica said...

Congratulations, Darlyn! Best of luck wherever your next steps lead you...

-Jay

Yan Yan Cadiz said...

Congrats! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...