Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm 20 Today


Since I turned 18, birthdays haven’t really been that big of a deal for me. I usually eat out with friends and family, and that’s it. This year is different, since I’m turning 20. I’m beginning a whole new decade of my life, which is kind of appropriate since I graduated from college 18 days ago.

Here are my most prevalent birthday thoughts:

  • I can finally refer to myself as a twenty-something, which I’ve been waiting years to do. In chick lit novels, the protagonists are always referred to as twenty-something single women searching for love and climbing up the workforce ladder. Heh. Heh. I find that very exciting.
  • Hitler and I share the same birth date. This makes me feel weird.
  • I hope I get a lot of books as presents. HAHAHAHAHA.

Have a great day, everyone!

21 comments:

mooderino said...

Happy Birthday!

Sharon said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day & get lots of books!

Misha said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and get lots of books :D

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! I look forward to hearing about any gifts you receive as gifts.

Emily said...

Happy birthday!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday!

L.L. said...

Happy birthday! It's my birthday tomorrow so we are almost birthday-twins. :)

Zibilee said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you have an amazing time celebrating!

Red said...

Happy Birthday!!

Ben said...

Happy birthday Darlyn. Damn you're young. 20 is still five years away from 25, the age where all falls down :P

llevinso said...

Happy Birthday!

lisa :) said...

Happy happy birthday! Wishing you a day of smiles, laughter, sunshine, and (of course!) books!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! And don't let Ben scare you-- one's twenties are uncomfortable and beautiful times. Enjoy your special day! :)

Brenna said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you get lots of books as well :)

Tiny Library said...

Happy Birthday! :D

Alegria said...

belated happy birthday!:)

simplerpastimes said...

Happy birthday! I hope you got a lot of books too!

bibliophilica said...

Happy birthday!

mel u said...

Happy birthday-I made it over to the national book store sale (at Trinoma)-I bought a copy of Help-hope you got lots of books for your day.

Avid Reader said...

Yay! Happy birthday and welcome to the world of the twenty-somethings, I quite enjoy it. You get to be a grown-up, but still kind of a kid. I hope you have a wonderful day and get lots of new books!

Rebecca Reid said...

happy birthday! You did that college thing very fast, what's next for you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...