Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back to Scheduled Programming


You, my loyal readers, might have noticed that I’ve been a very lazy blogger this May. My posts have been mostly reviews, and, while there’s nothing wrong with that, I usually strive to inject little personal elements into my blog. I’ve also failed to return comments regularly.

Things have just been hectic this month, and, most of the time, I just wanted to curl up in bed with a book I wouldn’t have to review. I’ve been reading Jane Eyre lately, and I’m really taking my time with it, savoring each chapter and marking passages I like. I didn’t put any pressure on myself to finish it at a particular date, and I’m enjoying the experience. So far, I’ve read only four books this month, and I feel only a little guilty.

This will be back to regular programming this June. More or less. :)

8 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I kind of feel the same way lately. I'm having a hard time finding the time for reviewing and rather just be reading:)

Teacher/Learner said...

Ditto :)

Zibilee said...

Sometimes you just need a break, ya know? I hope that you are enjoying your relaxing and look forward to seeing you when you get back in the saddle!

Audra said...

Love the savoring read -- I'm a little jealous as I've been rushed to do scheduled reviews. I'll have to set up time for myself to do this later this summer!

Jillian said...

Yay Jane Eyre! I think everyone's sort of casual right now with blogging -- maybe it's the weather. :-)

Brenna said...

I've only read four books this month too. Even though one was 500+ pages, I still feel a little guilty. Then I remind myself that reading is for fun and I need to stop worrying about the numbers. (But at the end of the day I still do...)

simplerpastimes said...

I certainly can't fault anyone for being a lazy blogger--I can go for weeks at a time without posting! Sometimes it's just easier to let the blogging slide and enjoy the reading.

Trisha said...

Blogging breaks happen and it's best to keep a healthy attitude about it (which it looks like you are doing). Keep reading and blogging fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...