Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Alive: The 2nd Edition


Hello? Is anyone still out there?

I know, I’ve been a very, very bad blogger. I disappeared again without leaving a note, and you guys probably wondered if I got trapped in a pyramid in Egypt or something. Kidding, my life isn’t that exciting. *Ducks head in shame.*

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but I started my first job a couple of months ago. It took me a really long time to adjust, and I decided to focus on that for a while. Anyway, since I don’t have so much free time anymore, there are going be a few changes in this blog.
  1. Only one review a week. – Hopefully, I’ll be able to review more books, but one is my no-pressure goal. If I review a book week, that’s great. If I don’t, I don’t have to beat myself up about it.
  2. I’ll return all of your comments on weekends. – You guys are, like, the best commenters ever. I appreciate all your comments. They’re all so smart, and point out things about books I never would have noticed otherwise. I also love how my readers and fellow bloggers interact with each other in the comments section of Your Move, Dickens, and I’ve missed that sooo much. I’m definitely going to return all of your comments, but only on the weekends. So, I’m sorry if I don’t get back to you ASAP. :)
The good news is: I’m back! Wow, I have 103 followers now?!? Why didn't I notice that before? Hello, new readers. I'm so glad to meet you. 

So, hi. How have you all been doing? Did I miss something in the literary world? Did Jonathan Franzen get a new pair of glasses? Heh. Heh.

11 comments:

Red said...

Congrats on the job! I think your proposed blogging schedule is a good idea and hopefully it will keep you from feeling overwhelmed.

Audra said...

Welcome back -- congrats on the new job! Real life definitely takes priority over blogging. I'm looking forward to your reviews again -- when you've got the time! :)

Zibilee said...

So glad to see you back! I do admit to wondering where you had gone, but I can completely understand why you were away! I hope that your new strategy works out smoothly for you, and I look forward to seeing what you are reading, and more importantly, what you think of it!

Shelley said...

Glad to have you back! My philosophy on blogging is blog whenever you want or whenever you can. Even if you go a couple of months without posting, most of your readers will still be there, and will just be happy to hear from you when you do have time to post.
Congrats on your job!

theeclecticreader said...

Good luck at your job.

Sam said...

Ah, I was hoping you would start posting again! I think it's a good idea to not put too much pressure on it, blogging is supposed to be fun and not a chore.

Hope the new job is going well :)

simplerpastimes said...

Welcome back! Adjusting to something new (job, school, whatever it may be) always takes more time than one expects, doesn't it? Good luck with the job and finding time to enjoy the blog!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Welcome back! There's no posting pressure, we'll be here.

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

If it brings you stress instead of joy, it's not worth blogging, is it? So have fun with it and I look forward to your next review. Hope the new job is going well.

Allie said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back! I missed your blogging. :)

I hope everything is going well with your new job. New jobs are exciting, but stressful.

bibliophilica said...

Glad to see you're back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...