Monday, August 22, 2011

Walt Whitman's Niece

I'm pretty sure I've talked about my complete adoration for John Green before, but, in case you missed it, he is one of my FAVORITE WRITERS. EVER. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a copy of An Abundance of Katherines, because, for some unfathomable reason, bookstores around here don't stock it. *Shakes fist at the incompetence of local bookstores.*

Anyway, I read Paper Towns a couple of months ago, and Green mentioned a song by Billy Bragg & Wilco entitled Walt Whitman's Niece. Being a Literature major, the song title immediately made me giddy. See? This is why I love John Green. Aside from being an amazing writer, he also has great taste in music.

I listened to the song for a while, but then something occurred to me. I own a blog read by people who love books. Uh-huh.

So, for you lit geeks everywhere, here is Walt Whitman's Niece:

5 comments:

theeclecticreader said...

Thanks for sharing

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I'm a huge John Green fan too. I got the chance to meet him when he gave a talk near where I live. He's just as cool in person as you would expect.

Audra said...

Yes -- thanks for sharing this deliciousness!

Trisha said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Zibilee said...

This is very cool! Thanks for sharing it for the rest of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...