Friday, September 30, 2011

Thoughts: The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells


I’m in a bit of a hurry today. So, off the top of my head, here are my thoughts while reading The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells:
  • Oh, my god, guys! H.G. Wells has a sense of humor! Come and see. Why was this mysterious sense of humor absent in The Time Machine? Why?!?!?!
  • The Invisible Man has a temper. Interesting.
  • The Invisible Man doesn’t just have a temper. He’s kind of a, you know, psychopath.
  • Ooooooh. I like all this science-y stuff about how Griffin became the Invisible Man.
  • Why does The Invisible Man have to be an albino? I DO NOT SEE THE POINT.
  • I thought being invisible would be uh-mazing, but you have to worry about being naked all the time. Which sucks. Especially if it rains/snows. Or if you step on broken glass.
  • Also, the food you eat looks like it’s floating in midair while you’re digesting it.
  • Who am I supposed to root for? The Invisible Man’s a psycho and… and… Sorry, I don’t want to get all spoilerific on you.
  • The Time Machine was beyond boring, but why does The Invisible Man read like a thriller?!?!? I SIMPLY CANNOT PUT IT DOWN. You’ve been holding out on me, Wells.
  • Well played, Wells. Well played.
  • ZOMG. I love the Epilogue. You want to go read The Invisible Man now, don't you? *Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge.*
Rating: 4/5

7 comments:

Jillian said...

I do!

celawerdblog said...

I read this a few years ago and loved it. I too was a little disappointed with The Time Machine, but I love the concept of it.

Zibilee said...

Oh, I just love your candid reactions to this one Darlyn! Apparently I need to read this book very soon. Thanks for a very entertaining recap!

Trisha said...

Okay, now I really do want to go read The Invisible Man. :)

Rebecca Reid said...

I totally want to read this now. I absolutely love that cover too...

simplerpastimes said...

Here's a book I know almost nothing about. I've never read any Wells, it sounds like this is the place to start!

Rachel said...

What a great way to share your thoughts on a book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...