Friday, October 21, 2011

Book Vlogging 101


Lately, I've been thinking about making a vlog for Your Move, Dickens. I'm not hoping for charlieissocoollike or vlogbrothers fame, but I just want to try something new.

I've looked up a ton book vlogs on youtube, and most of them fall under four categories. First of all, the vlogger reads from a well-loved book to share it with viewers, and, other times, the vlogger creates a Mailbox Monday or Library Loot video where they talk about the books they recently got. There are also others vlogs where vlogers review a book or discuss a particular bookish topic. All four sound like great, solid ideas to me.

Personally, I like vlogs that are slightly sarcastic a.k.a funny, and I don't want them to take more than five minutes (a. I have the attention span of a five-year-old and b. our internet connection is beyond slow). So, I was just wondering what you wonderful people like to see in vlogs, and what you like about them. Do you have one particular pet peeve about book vlogs? Is there a particular type of bookish video you would like to see?

I would appreciate all comments about this topic. All comments, suggestions and even violent reactions are welcome.

3 comments:

Zibilee said...

I would love to see a book review done on a vlog, and haven't ever come across one of those. It might be interesting! Good luck on deciding what you want to do!

Brenna said...

I'm not a big fan of the meme vlogs (Mailbox Monder, etc.) but I do like vlog reviews, even if they are short, or those that include readings from the novel, provided you are a somewhat eloquent orator.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I'm with Brenna, I'm not a big fan of the vlogs that just review library loot or something. I want to leave a bit about the blogger or hear a review or something. I'm with you on keeping it short and sarcastic though! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...