2011 has been a great year in terms of reading and blogging. I made a lot of new friends in the blogging community, and read a ton of books that blew me away. Hopefully, 2012 will be a better reading/blogging year, and I hope to get a little headstart by listing down my reading plans.
First of all, I want to reread a ton of old favorites. There are so many books I claim as favorites, but I can hardly remember what they're about or why I liked them so much in the first place. Here are some old favorites I'd like to reread in 2012:
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - I actually want to reread the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, but it took me four years to finish all three books. I'm starting small by rereading The Hobbit.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Every time a forum or a social networking site asks me about books, I always end up talking about this book. The truth is, I haven't reread it in years. Kind of makes me feel like a phony.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I raved about this book in the first quarter of 2011, and promptly forgot about it. I just want to remind myself why I loved it so much, and, also, the 3D movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio is coming out next year. Soooooo excited.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - This book made me sob like Simba after Mufasa died. Must revisit.
- All seven Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling - Do I even need to explain this one? My blog will not be complete without reviews of all seven Harry Potter books.
- Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Persuasion by Jane Austen - I first read these books before I discovered secondhand bookstores and Project Gutenberg, and I reread them about five times each. It's sad to think that I don't remember them much anymore.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Postman Always Rings Twice by James Cain
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- The Day of the Locust by Nathanael West
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison