Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Blogging Plans

I’m chewing Pokemon bubble gum while typing this, because it’s 2012 and I’m going o be 21 in a couple of months. Chewing Pokemon bubble gum and getting a temporary tattoo of Charmander on my ankle seem like the easiest wayy of holding on to what remains of my childhood.

Seriously, how did this happen? I was 19 and in my final year in college when I first started this blog, and, now, I’m almost 21 with a full-time job. It’s like I turned into an adult overnight.

I read my oldest posts, and, somehow, I still sound the same, still feel the same. I like to think that I’ve matured, but, deep down, I am still the same person I was when I first started this blog. The only difference is that I now get a paycheck, so I have more money to spend on books.

But, anyway, the New Year is here, and there’s nothing we can do to stop it. Here are some of my blogging goals for the year:
  • Post more often. – For some reason, I still haven’t found my groove, so to speak, when it comes to posting. I tend to post haphazardly and without a regular schedule. Sometimes, I post once a week and sometimes not at all. This year, I’m sticking with three posts per week.
  • Get more personal. – I think I’m getting better at posting “personal” reviews, but there are still times when my reviews sound like book reports. The main reason I started this blog is to record the effects the books I read have on me PERSONALLY, not to write recommendations for other people.
  • Host an event. – Thinking of hosting a readathon or some sort of blogging event scares the living daylights out of me (what if no one participates?!?!), which is exactly why I must do it.
How about you? What are your blogging goals for 2012?

14 comments:

Andi said...

Worthy goals indeed! Good luck with your blogging and reviewing groove and goals in 2012.

And I looooove those owls.

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Good luck with your goals, and I'm sure lots of people would join any event you ran :)

I don't have a regular posting schedule because then blogging for me starts to feel too much like work. But I know that it works for lots of bloggers.

Ben said...

Hey Darlyn,

you had me scared at your last post. Glad to see you're coming back to blogging with a vengeance. Don't worry about turning into an adult. There's no rites of passage so to speak. It's just that one day, you live on your own and you pay bills. Kind of a hard pill to swallow, but that's just the ruthless pace of life.

Anyway, glad to see YMD back in 2012. Love your point of view on things, I'm looking forward to more interactions in between our two places in 2012.

Oh and health and success and all that :)

B.

Teacher/Learner said...

Don't let go of childhood too fast. Bits and pieces of it linger with me and I'm almost 30 :D Happy New Year & best of luck in meeting your blogging goals.

Zibilee said...

Your goals sound incredibly doable, and like things that I would like to do myself. As far as the posting more regularly goes, precheduling is your friend, and might help a little when it comes to getting a handle on that. Good Luck with all this, Darlyn! I know you will do a great job!

Allie said...

Lovely goals and perfectly doable!

Any classic event you host I'll be sure to join in on. I LOVE group events, so I'm game. :)

simplerpastimes said...

Some good goals! I'd like to post more regularly this year too, although I'll probably only be aiming for once a week.

Enjoy your 2012 reading!

Trisha said...

The joys of getting older... :)

I'm glad you are getting more personal; I like a nice mix on a book blog.

Beth said...

Great goals and some I should probably follow. I'm looking forward to more posts from you throughout the year! Happy New Year!

Caro said...

I love your goals and I'd definitely join any readathon you hosted. I'm easy prey for readathons and challenges.
As someone who's turning (ouch) 22 this year, I can totally relate to the "where the hell did my childhood go and how can I get it back?" mindset. I think I might have to get some Pokemon bubble gum ;)

Charlie (The Worm Hole) said...

I like your reasoning behind hosting an event! I've a competition in mind and am thinking the same, but you never know until you try so might as well.

Don't worry about 21, you're still young. Several years down the line, you'll find 21 to be akin to the word "teenager".

Fuazona said...

I love you. Your blog is like milk and cookies for the starving reader soul.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I decided to host my first event this year too, even though it's intimadating! I'm going to co-host a read-along of Cloud Atlas in March, you should join in!

Rebecca Reid said...

good goals, although I'll say giving yourself a set number of times to post may become, by the end of the year, a chore. Just post when you have something to say and/or if you need a break TAKE ONE. I've been blogging for many years and sometimes a much needed disappearance is very good for the blogging energy level :) Happy reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...