Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So... I Kind of Went on Vacation

I went away for a few days to unwind.





In fact, I went to Boracay Island for a couple of days. I'm not sure if you've heard of the place, but it's one of the biggest tourist destinations here in my country. With its white beaches and almost crystal-clear water, it's easy to see why tourists from all over the world flock to the island every year.

The whole experience was completely amazing. Everywhere I turned, someone was speaking a different language--Korean, English, Filipino, etc--and it was almost dizzying. Also, the beach is beyond amazing. Swimming in the beaches in Boracay puts a whole new meaning to the term 'swimming with the fishes,' because you literally swim with schools of fish. The water is that clean and clear.

So, basically, I disappeared because I spent a couple of days swimming, sightseeing, getting drunk, eating seafood, and having the time of my life. I've gotten back to work and everything, but I don't think I've recovered from Boracay yet. Every time I go to sleep, I still dream about the place.

9 comments:

amanda @ simplerpastimes said...

Oh, that sounds lovely. I don't think I've ever been anyplace where the water was crystal clear. Now I want to dream of the beach!

Ben said...

/Jealous

mooderino said...

/abandoned

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

Sounds perfectly lovely--I love swimming & snorkeling in waters like that. (And I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize until now where you lived.)

Zibilee said...

What a great time you must have had! I love the pictures and am dreaming of a day when I can take a vacation to a pristine beach to swim with the fishes! Glad you got a chance to get away for awhile.

Audra said...

So deeply jealous!!!! From your pics, it looks like you had a marvelous time!!

Andi said...

This looks and sounds AMAZING! Glad you had such a good time. I cannot imagine getting back to business as usual after a trip like that. :)

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Sounds like a fabulous holiday! Along with everyone else, I'm totally jealous! :P

Brenna said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...