Friday, March 9, 2012

Blog Tag: 11 Facts and 11 Questions

Meg from The Terrible Desire actually tagged me about a month, but I've been terribly lazy and I had a bit of difficulty thinking of answers that actually sounded sane.

Here are the rules:
1. Post rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer questions from the person who tagged you.
4. Make up 11 questions for people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people.
6. Let them know they've been tagged.

11 Fun Facts About Me
1. I was traumatized by the movie The Bone Collector.
In the movie, the serial killer poses as a taxi driver, locks his passengers inside his cab, and brutally murders them. I have been afraid of getting into a taxi by myself since.


2. People say I look like Violet from The Incredibles.
This does not offend me in any way, because I loved The Incredibles. And, sometimes, when I'm in a good mood, I like to think I can see the resemblance.

3. Hitler and I share the same birthday.
This makes me very uncomfortable.

4. I've written two three young adult novels that will never see the light of day.
Lot of drama, lots of cliches, all horrible.

5. Mulan and Belle are my favorite Disney princesses.
Mulan kicked butt, and, despite Belle's debatable case of Stockholm syndrome, she loved books and she fell for the Beast even if he, you know, looked like a beast.

6. It took me four years to finish the Lord of the Rings.
That's why I'm a bit hesitant to reread the trilogy.

7. I went through a Stephen King phase in high school.
I wouldn't touch it unless it was written by The King. Stephen King wrote some pretty awful stuff, but Dreamcatchers will always be DA BOMB for me.

8. I'm fascinated with French movies.
A Very Long Engagement is one of my favorite movies of all time. Also, French movies are always a feast for the eyes, and are often populated by quirky characters who ask deep questions about life and love.

9. I thought Evelyn Waugh was a woman.
That officially makes me a Philistine, I know.

10. I am hopeless when it comes to make up.
I am such a sad excuse for a girl.

11. Lastly, I am currently obsessed with the British boyband One Direction.
This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I can't stop listening to their songs, particularly What Makes You Beautiful. Also, they're always in wonderfully color-coordinated outfits.

Meg's Questions
1. Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
A little bit of both. I live in the country, but I work in the city. The country gives me the peace and quiet I need, while the city provides excitement when the country becomes boring.

2. Where in the world would you live if you had the choice?
I would probably want to live in London. So many authors lived in the place and set their work there. London's history is so rich, and there will be so many new things to see and experience.

3. Zombies are attacking, what one book do you take with you when you flee into the wilderness?
Persuasion by Jane Austen. I thought about taking Pride and Prejudice with me, but I've read it about fifteen times already. On the other hand, I've only read Persuasion twice, which isn't enough. When I first read it, I was sucked in by the love story between and Anne and Captain Wentworth, and, the second time, I fell in love with the secondary characters. I'm sure I'll discover something new when I reread it for the third time.

4. Do you have any unusual hobbies (e.g., collecting butterflies, building model cars, searching for Big Foot)?
I'm a twenty-year-old who only reads classics. Does that count?

5. What's your favorite book of those you own, based on cover design only?
I usually hate movie tie-in covers, but I love the movie tie-in cover of Atonement simply because James McAvoy is on the cover. I'm going to think of a logical explanation for this later, I swear, but, right now, I can only say that he's so preeeeeetty.

6. What's your favorite Disney character (come on, everyone has one)?
Check out Fun Fact About Me #5.

7. What's your favorite comic book character?
Manga characters count, right? I love Kyo from Fruits Basket. He's a redhead, turns into a cat when hugged by a member of the opposite sex, and has a temper. Enough said.

8. What is your dream car, and what would you name it?
It's not fancy or anything, but I really, really want a yellow Volkswagen Beetle. I don't know what to name it, but maybe something cheesy like Bumblebee.

9. Team Edward or Team Jacob? JUST KIDDING. More seriously, Team Angel or Team Spike?
Spike with his British accent, hands down.


10. What is your favorite piece of artwork (you don't have to own it)?
My favorite painting is Fall of Icarus by Breughel. I discovered the painting when we studied W.H. Auden's poem Musee des Beaux Arts which was inspired by the painting. It's called Fall of Icarus, but you have to look for Icarus really hard in the painting. Basically, it tells you that, no matter how big your problems seem, life always goes on. Losing your job, for instance, can seem monumental to you, but, in the grand scheme of things, it's just another event, and bigger things are happening all around you. It's a very sobering thought.

11. Have you ever performed anything in front of an audience?
No, and, hopefully, I will never have to. I have a severe case of stage fright.

Here are my questions:
1. Did you become obsessed with a boyband in your teen years? If yes, which boyband?
2. Who is your favorite Austen hero and why?
3. What is the weirdest thing about you?
4. What is your dayjob? (You don't have to answer if you think this is too personal.)
5. What is your favorite poem?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
8. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
9. What is your favorite film genre?
10. Which Pixar movie do you like best?
11. The BONUS QUESTION: Answer any question that you really, really, really want people to ask you.

I'm tagging:
Allie from A Literary Odyssey
Jillian from A Room of One's Own
Cassandra from Literary Stars
Sam from Tiny Library

(I know I'm cheating since you have to tag 11 people.)

9 comments:

Reading Rambo said...

Totally love that song by One Direction. Meaning I just listened to it for the first time, because BOY BANDS, I am a fan. Also Violet = awesome. And I thought Evelyn Waugh was a woman until someone said "Er...no." Fortunately this happened when I was like 19, so the embarrassment did not last too long.

Have you watched James McAvoy in the Shakespeare Retold version of Macbeth? Mmm.

Kristi said...

I thought Evelyn Waugh was a female too until a couple of years ago.

I never got into any boy bands in high school, but in elementary school, I was into New Kids on the Block! So embarrassing now to think about it. At least I was only about 8. "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh...the right stuff!" Haha!! You're probably to young to know about them.

No need to be ashamed of your love for James McAvoy. He is easy on the eyes. The accent helps too!

Mulan has been my favorite Disney movie since it came out. Now I share it with my four year old daughter and she loves it too. It's nice to see a girl get into the action!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I love your answers. Belle was always my fav princess, because she was a reader and didn't fall for the "town hottie." I'm also hopeless with make up, oh well. And yes to Spike!

Zibilee said...

I loved getting to know you better, and have to say that I am hopeless with makeup too. I also don't like to do thinks in front of an audience, but sometimes I have to. Great questions and wonderful answers today!

Megs said...

MY CAR IS NAMED BUMBLEBEE. It's all black, but I didn't let that deter me from naming at after my favorite Transformer.

I still haven't read Persuasion. I realize this is a problem, and I will fix it one of these days.

Kristen M. said...

I also share Hitler's birthday -- which means that you and I share a birthday! Yay! See, there's plenty of good people to cancel out the one bad.
Great answers!

Caro said...

Lovely post! I want a Volkswagen Beetle too. It's my dream car. Except I want it in blue :D

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Violet from The Incredibles is awesome :)
And you are not alone about Evelyn Waugh, how embarrassing.....

I will post my own version soon :)

Anonymous said...

People compare me to Violet from Incredibles too! The hair, the invisibility, the reading and music - yep.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...