I don’t usually do these monthly wrap up posts. Actually, I never do these monthly wrap up posts, but I was feeling introspective. Also, a monthly wrap up post seems like a great way to review all the stuff I did this month (well, duh), and to examine how I’m fulfilling my 2012 Blogging and Reading Plans.
For reading, I only set two major goals for myself this year:
- Reread a bunch of old favorites. – I’m actually doing pretty good on this one. I reread Persuasion earlier this month, which I absolutely loved. I’m currently rereading Pride and Prejudice, which you can expect to hear about soon. After rereading most of my Austen novels, I’m going to crack my knuckles, and get started on the Harry Potter series. I’ve also created a page called Projects to track my progress. It’s pretty empty at the moment, but I hope to fill it up with things (I don’t know what kinds of things) soon.
- Read more books from the Modern Library’s 100 Best Novels list. – I kind of failed on this goal this month, but, what the hell, I have 11 months more in front of me.
- Post more often. – This is my thirteenth and last post for the month, same as December, so I think I’ve finally figured out a steady posting schedule—one that fits my lifestyle and one I can keep up with.
- Get more personal. – I can pat myself on the back for this one, because I’ve gotten EXTREMELY personal on some posts—even to the point of word vomiting.
- Host an event. – Epic fail on this one. I haven’t even brainstormed an idea for a blogging/bookish event. I’m kind of hoping the intrawebz will forget I ever posted such foolishness, but, alas, I must man up and pull up my britches.